The York College Online Bookstore, powered by TextbookX, operates completely online and can be visited at ycp.textbookx.com. Students visit the website to order online and have their textbooks shipped to their home or to campus while digital course material access is emailed.
Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc. and powered by TextbookX, the Online Bookstore simplifies the textbook process for students while providing them with a variety of physical and digital textbook formats.
The Online Bookstore offers:
- Quick ordering process – complete your entire order in 5 minutes
- New, used, eBook, & rental textbook formats
- An average savings of 60% off list price on marketplace items
- Price match guarantee on new books
- Free shipping on retail orders over $49 (not including marketplace)
- Option to post and sell any textbook on the website's marketplace – you name the price
- Ability to pay for textbooks with approved financial aid
- Year-round Customer Experience with 24/7 availability at the start of every major term
Visit the website and order online at ycp.textbookx.com
All courses, required materials, and pricing options are displayed in a personalized, easy-to-use page when you log in with your MyYCP account.
1. Log in 2. Select textbooks 3. Check out & Deliver
Order early to take advantage of great savings opportunities and free delivery options.
Need Help? Contact the Bookstore's Customer Experience team: ycp.textbookx.com/help
- Track: Check on the delivery status of your order
- Returns: Need to return a book? Begin the return process here
- Sell Page: Learn how to post your textbooks for sale on the Marketplace
- FAQ: Other questions? Visit our FAQ page or check out our Help Videos
Faculty members use the convenient web portal to submit their course materials in advance of each semester. Using this portal, faculty view the courses they will be teaching, select the materials they want to use, and see what costs would be for students. The portal also has an option to create coursepacks.
- Link to two-page guide
York College – Akademos Abandonment Policy It is the policy of York College of Pennsylvania that textbooks and related Online Bookstore orders must be picked up from the Spartan Store location by the person named in the “Ship To” field in which the order was filled. Your York College student ID or other form of ID is required at the time of pick up. Reasonable efforts will be taken to notify the student that their item is available for pick up by the Spartan Store and the Online Bookstore. The York College Spartan Store may store your items for no more than 60 calendar days past the first day of the current semester. Any textbook or other items that are not claimed by the student within that time frame shall be deemed abandoned. At that time, the institution has sole discretion to sell or otherwise dispose of the abandoned items in any manner it deems appropriate. Under no circumstances will these book charges be refunded or waived. If the materials are subject to a rental agreement, York College is not required to return the materials to the company. The school is not responsible for any additional charges imposed on the student for failure to return materials subject to a rental agreement. The student agrees to absolve and hold York College harmless for the abandoned items. For additional questions about this policy, please send inquiries to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.